Wednesday, September 9, 2015

REVIEW: Worth It


BOOK DETAILS:

Worth It by Linda Kage 

(Forbidden Men #6 (reads as a stand-alone)) 

Publication date: August 25th 2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance



Synopsis:
I fell in love once.

It was amazing. She was amazing. Life was amazing.

I lived for each time I could see her, and nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret.

Our love could conquer all.

Until it didn’t.

So I was ripped away from the love of my life and shoved into hell, forced to continue without her.

It shattered me, broke the best parts of me, left me permanently damaged.
Or so I thought.

Years later, I swear history’s trying to repeat itself because she’s back in my life, and I’m just as drawn to her as I was before. But I’m older and wiser now, and I know she should stay away from a worthless piece of ex-con like me.

So, I will not let her in. I absolutely refuse to hurt her. I will keep her away.

Then again, sometimes risking your greatest fear to get to a smile makes everything worth it, and besides, I’m not sure I can resist her, anyway.

This is the story of how Felicity Bainbridge changed my life forever, starting one summer day long ago after I was forced to change a dirty diaper…

–Knox Parker
My Review:
So I work at 7am almost every day in retail (blah) and I am not a morning person. I have a rule that I try to live by that I need to be in bed by ten pm and from there I am only allowed to read one chapter. No more, which usually works out because I crash fast. I started Worth It Monday around 9:45 and had to force myself to put it down after reading five chapters. I slept in to 6:58 and was continuously sneaking away at work to read a few pages here and there, read it during my entire lunch, and then I sat in my car after work reading until my phone died (that's the best thing about e-readers and their apps!).  So let's just say this book hooks you and pulls you deep within the first few pages. I wouldn't go to bed last night until I finished Worth It even though I was soooo tired. 

The first encounter between Knox and Felicity after six years broke my heart, I'm not going to share more beyond that because this book has just been published and I don't want to give any spoilers away. With that being said I am going to try my best to not give any more spoilers away...

In the beginning I was unsure of the time frame this book was going to be set in due to the rivalry between two families. It wasn't until Felicity mentioned wanting a Stephen Amell posted above her bed that I realized it was in present day. But come on who wouldn't!!

And if you love Arrow you'll love this book even more because Linda Kage must be a HUGE fan as well. Reasons why: 
1. Main Character Felicity is named after Felicity Smoke
2. Knox Arrow Parker, which Knox does say it was from the DC Comic
3. Stephen Amell above the bed <3 <3 

Anyways back to Worth It, I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I have never heard of anything written by Linda Kage but now I have to add her to my to be read list because WOW. I didn't want to ever stop reading this. 

Linda Kage turned a rich girl meets poor boy love story into an emotional roller coaster that you don't ever want to get off. So many negatives going against Felicity and Knox but they continue seeing each other. When Felicity's dickhead of a father finds out he has Knox sent to prison for way longer than he should have, but even that won't destroy their love. 

I just don't even know what to say about this book, but it was totally worth the read and if you are a hopeless romantic who enjoys every ounce of love you read you will love this book! Go to amazon, bn, or wherever you get your books and get Worth It!!! Go now....what are you waiting for. 

My rating is 5 stars because a paper crush was totally formed on Knox Arrow Parker. Now I have to go read the other Forbidden Men stories. Ta ta for now!

ABOUT LINDA KAGE: 

Linda is a contemporary romance author from the Midwestern USA, where she lives with her wonderful husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. The eighth and final child of dairy farmers, she was forced into having a vivid imagination if she ever wanted to do something one of her siblings hadn't already tried. Feel free to visit her at her website: www.LindaKage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment