Saturday, October 3, 2015

REVIEW: Can't Lose You

BOOK DETAILS: 
Can't Lose You by J.R. Brown
Publication Date: September 29, 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult

Synopsis: 
My name is Elizabeth Grace Payton. I just graduated high school and am looking forward to enjoying my last summer with Jayce before we go off to college together. Jayce isn't just my boyfriend, he's my everything. 
I've heard stories about people saying there can be one moment that changes their entire life. As if this moment flipped their entire life upside down. They said that once that moment happened things never went back to what could've been, what should've been. I always thought these people were being a little dramatic. I mean, how could one moment change everything? Change your entire life? 
Well, apparently I was naive because that's exactly what happened to me and I never even saw it coming. 
One night changed everything. I ended up in the wrong place, at the wrong time. My dreams, my future, and my life were taken away from me. I can no longer be Elizabeth Grace Payton. 

I am now Riley Lynn Anderson. 


My Review: 
Can't Lose You was a quick read taking me less than 8 hours to finish, as I started on my lunch break and had to finish the rest of my shift before I came home to finish. So I'd have to say 4-5 hours of sit down to read if you are a quick and avid reader. I really enjoyed the story, but I am going to start with the one thing that I feel is a negative about Can't Lose You so I can get that out of the way and talk about the good stuff. 

I really don't know the best way to describe this so hopefully what you are about to read will make sense. The writing style of this book simply tells you a play by play of the story, you don't really feel the story. Yes, J.R. Brown did bring tears to my eyes in a few parts of the book but I still felt the play by play. For example, 

I walk over to my closet, grab some clothes, and head for the shower. After I shower and dress I begin fixing my hair....Instead of drying my hair I decide to use some mousse and leave it curly. 

The entire book wasn't like that but it was enough to stand out and become review worthy. But onto the good stuff!! This was a fresh new take on second chance love. Elizabeth was at the wrong place at the wrong time and had to leave her entire life behind and become Riley Lynn Anderson, not knowing what her friends and the community would be told what happened to them. 

Three years later she runs into the love of her life during spring break, and they both get that second chance. The positive thing about this book is that J.R. Brown doesn't rush anything when they run into each other again. A lot of the love stories that I have read in the past are much to quick to becoming the happy in love couple and its not believable because that's not reality. 

I really did enjoy reading Can't Lose You because it had mystery and romance, which is always a great combination. You are at the edge of your seat the entire time you are reading because you are waiting for more danger to come Riley's way, and when it does come you are shocked. I absolutely loved the way Can't Lose You ended. 

I would totally recommended Can't Lose You to the avid reader and my friends and family, and plan on getting this is physical copy for my bookshelf when possible. One last note, I really love when the book cover corresponds with the book 100% and Can't Lose You does. 

My rating for this is 4 stars.  

One of my favorite parts of the book: 

After a few minutes Jayce pulls away and steps back. He looks down at the ground, then back up at me. "So..um..you never told me your new name," he says quietly. 
"Riley. Riley Lynn Anderson." 
He nods. "I like it. It will be weird not calling you Elle though." 
I look up at him and ask the question that I'm nervous to know the answer to. "Jayce, what happens now? What happens when ou have to go back to Oregon?" I ask nervously as I bite my bottom lip. 
He glances out at the ocean then back down at me. "Honestly, I don't know. I know we have a lot of things to talk about and work through, but I..." He pauses. "I can't lose you again, Riley." 

Purchase: 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Lose-You-J-R-Brown-ebook/dp/B0145VHNWC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443886234&sr=8-2&keywords=cant+lose+you


No comments:

Post a Comment