Friday, October 9, 2015

REVIEW: Sound of Heartache

BOOK DETAILS:
Sound of Heartache (Sound of, #2) by Chelsea Roy
Publication Date:
July 21, 2015 ** Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance 

Synopsis: 
Aimee was cruelly yanked away from her first and only love. She has never gotten over him and watched from afar as he rose to super stardom. She's let fear control her and never reached out to him no matter how much she wanted to. This time is different. This time, she's determined to see things through to the end. But will he still want her?
Brent tried to get over the woman who shattered his heart. Moving on has been impossible, and God knows he's tried. He knows if she wanted to find him, she could. He has never given up hope even though he knows it's highly doubtful he'll ever see her again. And if she did show up, what would he say to her anyway? 



My Review: 
Just by reading the synopsis I know that this would have been a book that I would have picked up and started reading on my own, had I ever discovered it at my local bookstore. But this is one of the best things about running a book blog I find AMAZING finds without getting out of my pajamas. 

This book was different than any other romance book that I have read in such a long time. The first part of the book is the first year (my time guess) of Aimee and Brent's relationship and then it jumps ten years into the future for part two. Within both parts of the story the chapters change between Aimee's and Brent's point of view, which I really enjoyed. Most novels that I read are from the female's point of view but I always enjoy watching the love develop from the male's point of view. Women love easily but loving through a man's eyes is just different and I LOVE it.

Right before I started Sound of Heartache I was looking at the list of movies that Netflix had removed on October 1st. One of those movies being Life Happens, so for the entire novel I pictured Krysten Ritter as Aimee. I feel that she actually really fits the part two Aimee.

One part of this novel that left me with unanswered questions was the role of Aimee's parents in part two. I don't want to say much more beyond that for those who have yet to read Sound of Heartache.

I finished this book in one sitting and even yelled at my boyfriend and brother to leave me alone while I read, it was that good. A paper crush was totally formed on Brent, he was the perfect boyfriend from the very beginning. And honestly I don't blame him whatsoever for his actions in Portland. The man was hurting. In the end I am giving Sound of Heartache a five star review. I plan on keeping up with the other members of Destruction while they all find their happily ever afters.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25875499-sound-of-heartache?from_search=true&search_version=service

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Heartache-Book-2-ebook/dp/B011PXSRYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444440051&sr=8-1&keywords=sound+of+heartache

No comments:

Post a Comment